Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Seven Words on the Cross- Eagle christians :sermons

1stly : “Father forgive them; for they know not what they do.” In other words forgiveness is the hallmark of a Christian.
2ndly : “Verily I say unto thee, Today thou shalt be with me in Paradise.” -> repentant sinner .A Christian will never exclude a sinner from the possibility of being integrated into the society of God if he or she truly repents..
3rdly : “Woman behold thy son.” Jesus showed that the Christian’s core concern should be the welfare of others as illustrated in the Parable of the Good Samaritan...
4thly : “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” -human cry of despair from the downtrodden and oppressed for god's recognition ....
5thly : “I thirst.”-a christian should be ready for any kind of physical suffering symbolised by the crucification of Jesus as part of the redemptive plan of God .....
6thly : “at-one-ment” (atonement)-God accomplishes his task by ending all suffering of humankind ......
7thly : “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.” -implicit obedience and surrender to the will of God.......

And hence The Seven Words on the Cross are a condensation of the Sermons .......

No comments: